- I received the MS Laurea degree (cum Laude) in Computer Engineering from the University of Siena, Italy, in 2006, and the Ph.D. in Information Engineering (Research Line: Adaptive Systems for Information Processing) in April 2010 (advisor: Prof. Marco Maggini).
- From April to October 2009 I've been working at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA, with Prof. Mikhail Belkin.
- From February 2010 I'm a Research Associate at the Department of Information Engineering (DII), University of Siena, Italy, under the supervision of Prof. Marco Gori.
I am a member of
- Artificial Intelligence Research Group (AIRGroup Siena)
- Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA)
- International Neural Network Society (INNS)
My research is addressed towards Regularization Theory, focusing on innovative Regularization Schemes that are defined by prior knowledge on the available data (Learning from Constraints). My interests include Semi-Supervised Learning, Kernel Machines, Similarity Measure Learning, Neural Networks, and Computer Vision applications (mostly face recognition and face analysis).
I am an active reviewer for several Machine Learning related Journals and International Conferences (The Journal of Machine Learning Research, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Neurocomputing, ...).